Thursday, May 10, 2007

No Mom can be like my Mom!

I had meant to write this post much earlier on but since it's going to be Mother's Day and all, what's a better time than now to do it? I'll try to steer clear of all those stereotype junks and mushy stuff though as in reality, our (mine and bro's) relationship with Mom is a real one after all.

I'm glad I have a 'normal' Mom who does what other moms do- taking care of her children and not just producing them and then whines incessantly about how difficult raising them is to the whole world!
My mom is no tech-savvy mom but that's her one flaw I'm grateful for. At least it doesn't eat up all our quality time together as my mom and we do real things together and not just some rhetorics on the internet. We shop together, dine together, cook together and gossip too at times! 'm glad i don't have to use the computer to get her attention (if you know what I mean).
For the past 30 years, my mom has been waking up in the wee hours in the morning to take care of many things- breakfast for the family, cleaning the house (she's a clean freak)and also sending my brother and me to school when we were still schooling. She sent and fetched me to and from school right up to form 6!
My mom also cooks everything from scratch and not getting those 'just add water' stuff!
She works hard for everything she wants in life without having to resort to asking for them from other people. Well she does get her bonuses but those are not asked for. She has many things stashed away in the bank but she's not one to show off, I'm happy to say. Her philosophy is this: Those who show off actually have none but those who lie low are those to look out for! How true as I've found out lately that people who like to show off are really insecure people who need all the boost they can get from creating the impression that they can buy the whole world but in truth, they hardly have enough for themselves.
Above all, I'm very glad to have a wise mother who has stood by her children all these while, caring for me and my brother in times of sickness and anguish, sharing our happiness through success after success that she's helped us achieve. I really appreciate what you's done for us, Mom!
I'm glad God sent you to be our Mother!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home