Monday, March 27, 2006

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam


If you are wondering what the heck the above means, it's Latin for "Where there's a will, there's a way'. It is actually the motto of St. George's Girls' School, my high school.
Heh! Tonight, the sentimental side of me has got the better of yours truly.. Of all things, am reminiscing about my alma matter. Who would have thought I would be saying or typing this some day?
Was reading some blogs of some unknowns to kill boredom when suddenly one mentioned this place and my thoughts instantly reverberated down the halls and walkways of my dearest secondary school...
I remember when as a kid in primary school (which also happened to be next to St. George's) I would look longingly across the vast green field separating the two schools and dream about getting into the school next door...
Why? Well, for one thing, SGGS has always been touted as the school to go to. We were sieved through according to our UPSR results. Actually, it wasn't so much about the prestige of SGGS that attracted me to that place. It was for some superficial reason. It being the quaint Moorish architecture of the school building complete with a clock tower with Bukit Chendana (or is it Penang Hill?!) in the background. Whatsmore with lush greens tinged with specks of tiny yellow flowers sprawling all over the place. There, at one end of Macalister Road, majestically sits the pride of all Georgians.
I miss hanging out at some of the spots like the walkways and canteen. Oh, and also behind one of the blocks where I used to sit alone whenever I was in one of my melancholic moods. I would sit there for God knows how long and feed the squirrels and pigeons and sometimes even the headmistress' rabbits! Oh yeah, i also miss the canteen food especially the Char Koay Teow this auntie would whip up for us in a jiffy! hehehe...
I found a photo of St. George's from the Net but i don't think it does justice to its poetic existence. But for the time being, I guess this will do until i get some myself. I'll see if I'm free one of these days.. Will go snapping around SGGS once again as afterall, I was the president of the Photography Club at SGGS! I was the one who took all the class photos, ya know... The Editorial Board really saved a lot because of this dotting photographer! *beaming with pride* Too bad, we were not so sophisticated in those days to use digital cameras or else I can show off a bit.. hehehe.. I used my Nikon FM10 with my tripod and some good lenses and filters courtesy of my student's dad who had photo studio. hehehe...
Wait for me, SGGS.. see you soon!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pri5Endurance said...

Hey there,
I was also from SGGS. Did my STPM in 1987. M now a teacher in Spore. My Principal then was Cik Maimunah. The teachers there that made an impact in my life.. Mr Cheng Sin Kun.. Ms Lim Bian Tee, Ms Mary Kay... many many more..
Good luck with you. The song still rings in my hert...St George's St George's We'll always be true.. Our dear St George's girls school..

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home