Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Monday Blues... busted!

Went to work half-heartedly today wishing i could burry myself under the comforter and continue my slumber. sigh.. the only thing that got me up was the thought of the yummy apams and meehun sup at Gelugor which i just love! LOL.. Especially those apams. They are plain, eggless indian pancakes made from rice flour, i think. They are eaten with this sugared coconut chutney which really brings out the taste of the apams. hehehe.. couple that with a piping hot cup of Nescafe tarik.. mmmmm... really perks my mornings up!
Had an OK day at work today except for the temporary malfunction of the mind. Taught my students on 'Subject-Verb agreement' and question tags. They are catching on pretty well. :) At teatime today, my students and I crossed over the road to the Batu Lanchang Market to get some kueh and I got my favourite 'pulut tai tai' which is this blue-coloured pieces of glutinuous rice eaten with 'kaya' or as my dad likes to call it, Malaysian jam. LOL! The Mongolian girls really enjoyed the kuehs. hehehe...
After class, one of the Mongolian girls, Manika, who also happens to be my favourite (hehehe) and I headed to Gurney Plaza to have our hair done. She got this hair-extension thing done and I got bangs! LOL. She chose strips of white coloured hair to be joined to her jet-black, waist-length hair. They created a very stark contast against her original hair colour but still the end-result looked very nice. After some coaxing from Manika, i got mine done like hers.. Can you believe it? I chose copper though and I had only two strips on both sides of my head fixed while she got ten fixed onto her hair! hehehe...
After that we went for dinner at the food court. I ordered a hot plate noodle while she settled for claypot chicken rice and we both had desserts afterwards of 'honeydew' sago and 'Soursop Snowy'. We later went to catch a movie, Ice Age II. Not something I'd normally watch, but I'm glad Manika suggested that movie.. I could use a good laugh to ward off the Monday Blues.. I guess... hehehehe...
All in all, it wasn't such a bad day afterall... (cost me RM100 though!!! uwwaaaaaa!!!!) :D

*Note to self : bring cam and take piccies of apams and meehun sup. hehehe...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yalor next time put up pictures... nyumm i love anything noodles ok... mee bihun laksa kuew teow I love em all *lol*...lagi pedaih lagi best

2:19 AM  
Blogger soleilina said...

Kak Mar: LOL.. hehehe...this morning i brought my cam to snap the apams and meehun sup but as luck would have it, the gerai tak buka... sigh..

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home