Saturday, May 20, 2006

I like doggies.. SO??

I don't care what people say.. I just love dogs! I don't understand what my religion holds against them.. They are still creations of God! duh!! I don't get it.. what's the rationale behind the 'dogs are haraam (forbidden) thing'? In case anyone is wondering why this post, well, it's because I have been receiving uncountable e-mails asking me if I was a muslim and if so, how then could I be touching/holding a dog?
I feel extremely blessed to have been brought up in a very liberal and tolerant environment especially when I have a multitude of culture and religion all blended into my background. I do whatever I think is good and right for myself as long as I don't hurt others.. So what if I touch dogs? I'm the one answerable, not anyone else!
Sometimes it just amuses me when I see some tudung-clad women scream on top of their lungs at the sight of dogs near them but these are the same tudung-clad women whom I see steaming up a car behind some dark alley, ******** and ***ing some ********* that are worse than touching dogs! bahhh..... So, what's the difference?
I'll touch all the dogs all I want, regardless of what some people might have to say.. so there!!





This was my reply to some skeptics out there:
I come from a mixed parentage background yang tak kuat sangat pegangan agama and I do not want to be hypocritical. However I still do not neglect my religion in terms of knowledge and practise. Well, senang cakap macam ni la..Everything in Islam ada logiknya.. Kalau Islam melarang orang buat sesuatu mesti ader sebab musabab nyer kan? Contoh paling baik ialah minum benda yang memabukkan. Tapi dalam Al-Quran tak pulak disebutkan minuman jenis apa but kita sebagai manusia buat tafsiran ikut pelbagai rujukan seperti hadis dan sunnah dan disimpulkan bahawa kita mesti jauhi benda yang memudaratkan manusia sebab jika kita mabuk dan hilang pertimbangan, apa2 saja boleh terjadi termasuklah perkara2 yang mengaibkan kita sendiri dan orang lain. Saya pernah berjumpa dengan orang yang apabila ternampak anjing, lari bertempiaran kerana katanya anjing itu haram dalam Islam. Tapi pada masa yang sama, dia juga meneguk arak! Di manakah justifikasi itu? Saya bukan nak memburukkan sesiapa tapi dalam hal ini, saya rasa saya dikurniakan Allah akal dan fikiran dan tahu membezakan baik dan buruk. Saya tidak bisa mengikut kata-kata orang yang merasakan dirinya begitu bijaksana dan maha mengetahui hanya kerana orang lain juga mengatakan demikian walhal tidak tahu membaca sepatah pun Al-Quran apatah lagi memahami dan menghayati isi kandungannya? Ramai yang tidak tahu-menahu perkara sebenar tetapi terus membuat kesimpulan sesuatu benda itu haram hanya kerana orang lain turut mengatakan demikian. Jika kita melihat sesuatu itu sebagai buruk, maka buruklah ia dan sebaliknya.
Sekurang-kurangnya saya tidak mabuk dek kerana memegang anjing dan mebuat perkara2 yang mengaibkan diri dan keluarga.Memegang atau menyentuh anjing juga tidak akan membuatkan saya mengandung anak luar nikah dan membuang anak yang tidak berdosa itu. Saya sayang semua makhluk kerana semuanya ciptaan Allah yang maha Esa. Saya melihat anjing sama seperti makhluk yang lain. Jika dibela dan tidak terurus (tidak mandi dan sebagainya) tentulah kotor dan berbau. sama juga seperti kucing mahupun manusia. Adakalanya manusia itu ada yang lebih berbau lagi daripada anjing. Zaman yang serba canggih dan moden ini, semua orang semkin mantap dari segi ekonomi dan boleh bawa binatang peliharaan mereka ke klinik haiwan, spa haiwan dan bermacam-macam lagi untuk membersihkan apa yang patut. Islam kan ikut aliran zaman...
No animal has been cursed in any way. Animals are referred to in many instances in the Qu¡¦ran. In Surah Kahf, mention is made of the companions of the Cave and their dog. (Surah18: 18-22)
We would love for Allah to bestow His mercy upon us, so let¡¦s show mercy and compassion to all His creation. This will also give non-Muslims a true reflection of Islam.
Sesungguhnya semua yang diseru dalam Islam adalah untuk tujuan kebaikan dan memberikan kesenangan kepada umatnya, bukan menyusahkan atau menyeksa.
I hope this clears it for you.
Have a nice day!

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this entry sol. Kalau org yg email u tuh tak paham lagi, almaknanya org tu mmg tak gheti bahasa lah tee hee :)
You have a good weekend, you hear? *hugs*

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! I pun tak suka those so-called fanatics yg tak kenal kita, tapi depa judge us. Just because depa tu pakai tudung litup or performed the hajj, depa ingat depa tu baik sangat. I know some tudung-clad women who practise black magic, backstabbing (mengumpat like nobody's business), and pak haji yg miang. I'm not saying semua org macam tu, cuma segelintir manusia yg hipokrit. Tu maknanya iman depa pun tak kukuh. Ha... sapa yg makan cili, dialah yg terasa pedasnya, kan?

12:33 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

Kak Mar: *HUGS* thanks ye kak.. mula2 tu takut gak nak tulis entry ni, but then again, pikir2 balik, kenapa nak biarkan je kan? I must be true to myself and have the courage of my conviction.. hehehe..

skyjuice7: Yes!yes!yes! akhirnya.. ada jugak orang yang pikir like me one.. hehehe.. tu la, menyampah kan, orang2 cam tu? diorang la merosakkan sanctity of Islam..

1:47 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Good explanations, Sol. I am glad to learn something new today.

10:51 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

5xmom: Thanks :)I'm glad I'm able to explain what's been bottled up inside me for so long and that i'm able to share this with everyone :)

12:17 AM  
Blogger muteaudio said...

Saya tak pakai tudung dan anjing takut kat saya. Apasal? Anything wrong with me? LOL

4:10 AM  
Blogger soleilina said...

ahahahaha.. muteaudio! *imagines muteaudio in tudung*

12:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I found out tat u've been to my blog. I traced u & landed here. Wat an amazing person u r? I like ur opened mentality. Very much like me. Keep it up.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And terima kasih banyak2 for adding me in ur blogroll.

3:41 PM  
Blogger ontahsapo said...

erkss...

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sol, first time read your blog, got the connection from 5xmom. learnt something new too. i've always wonder why dogs are 'haram'...i like the way you potray yourself, cool and open-minded. will keep reading your blog. perhaps, one day we can meet too, i live very near BJ.

6:39 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

pushpa: hehehe.. i've always been a silent reader of ur blog.. curi2 la but now i'm glad i don't have to curi2 any more.. hehehe..u r cool, that's why la i add u to my blog. hihihi.. thanks and same-same :)

mythoughts: macam pernah jumpa la u ni, tapi di mana ya? hehehe.. i'm staying next to cosmart (ya, that lousy supermarket!) hehehe..

7:51 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

mythoughts: hehehe.. tenkiu tenkiu! mwuah

9:27 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

ontahsapo: errkk?? hehehe

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dah quran kata haram,kenapa nak pertikai?taulah org pakai tudung ada yg tak baik,tapi jgn la guna sbg contoh.ramai juga yg pakai tudung yg baik,so jgn asyik guna those yg tak elok to justify what you do.

3:31 AM  
Blogger soleilina said...

anonymous: what did i do? kalaupun apa yang i buat tu tak elok, i jugak yang jahanam kat neraka.. bukan u!! so apasal melompat macam nak tercabut bulu poohkey? why be anonymous to justify what u're trying to justify? perhaps u don't have the courage of ur own conviction.. u tu cuma parrot yang boleh cakap tapi tak faham apa yang dia cakap!

4:02 AM  
Blogger soleilina said...

kalau tak suka sangat tengok apa benda yang i buat yang tak sealim atau sewarak u, siapa suruh u gatai nak baca blog ni? shooh! shooh! pi main jauh-jauh!

4:18 AM  
Blogger soleilina said...

kalau tak suka sangat tengok apa benda yang i buat yang tak sealim atau sewarak u, siapa suruh u gatai nak baca blog ni? shooh! shooh! pi main jauh-jauh!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am so amazed by this entry. Never had I imagined a muslim lady like you write something so bold and be so true to yourself.

In this country, everytime a non-muslim comments on something practiced by the muslim, it smells trouble.

The next thing you might see is your blog might be aired in TV3 news and labeled as "anti-Islam".

Keep up the spirit. Hope you get a dream job soon

9:52 AM  
Blogger soleilina said...

harnniann: I'm a good muslim! hahahaha! Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.. mwwuaaahhhh.. There should be more people like you around!

4:33 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

TV3 ke Astro ke can feel free to make a coverage on this blog.. free publicity for moi with regard to landing on a cool job maybe! kihkihkih

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dun think touching dogs is considered a sin..in fact i know few dudes who're in k9 team, n they are muslims..from what i know, u can touch them as long as ur hands and the dogs' fur are dry..
oh yeah, u did mention dat everithing in Islam ada logiknya...here's the logic to it..Dlm air liur anjing, contains numerous of virus/germs which can be considered as disease-catalyst. n dogs does what they always does..lick their fur..so when u touch their fur, u're prone to all kind of diseases...facts bout pork is also interesting too..scientist had found a species of worms inhabit in the flesh of pork..these worms will live unless u boils the flesh to boiling temperature...but their eggs wont die at that temperature level...so if u get unlucky, these eggs will hatch in ur digestion system, causing them to breed and live inside u... =)

even our prophet had once saved a dog from drowning using his own "serban"..erm,u get the picture rite?

*no offense intended in the making of this posting*

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home