Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Yummy Dessert

Traffic Light a.k.a Thab Tim Khrob

I was fighting hard with myself not to succumb to the temptation of this yummy dessert. For those who frequent Thai restaurants, then this needs no introduction. It's Thab Tim Khrob, a Thai dessert made from coconut milk, pandan or screwpine leaf-infused syrup, water chestnut (coated with tapioca flour) and slivers of jackfruit or nangka served with shaved ice. The only difference with this one is the the addition of cendol noodle thrown in to create the 'burst of colours' effect. The colour combination reminded me of a traffic light hence the name and it's got stuck eversince! hehehe...
If I didn't eat it, then how did I take a photo of it? Well, I'm helping this very nice and friendly auntie whom I've recently befriended put up pictures of desserts sold at her stall .
She used to only sell cendol and ais kacang and the usual fresh fruit juices and the occasional 'tang yen' , this traffic light and the most recent one, honeydew sago (upon my request and tutelage. LOL). She told me business was picking up because of new additions and I had encouraged her to make them more frequently to create variety. I noticed that she had placed a sample packet of 'tang yen' on the drinks dispenser to indicate that it was available for the day. as for the traffic light and honeydew sago, the same way couldn't be done as they will spoil in no time due to the. I thought it was quite cumbersome to ask each and everyone each time they ordered something from her stall. I hope this works well for her and may the orders keep pouring in. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Eh, kat mana ni? I memang minat thab tim krob sebab suka the nangka smell.

11:03 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

kat batu lancang nyer market punyer hawker centre tu.. kat baris depan facing the loh mee/mee jawa stall.. memang best la this thing.. gerai dia tu actually jual cendol/ais kacang but ni generasi baru..tengok je gerai yang ader gambar i tangkap..hehehe memang syiok benda ni esp after a tiring day mengajar dan buat yang bukan2 at work!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home