Saturday, April 29, 2006

back on the diet track

I guess I'll stop talking about food in here. It's BAD, BAD, BAD! Not that I'm good in it anyway. I think I always do a lousy job talking about food. Maybe it isn't my priority.
I've noticed of late that all my clothes feel a few sizes smaller. Sigh. Working life has got to me. Just like many other people especially women, I'm an emotional eater myself and I eat when I'm stressed, anxious, jubilant and even when I feel that I'm fat already. Bah! Sometimes I eat not bacause I'm hungry but I eat because I feel bored and the food seems to fill the void in me. So I guess I have to be back on my diet track which means no rice, no white bread, no pasta, no junk food and no fruits. NO MUNCHING. It's even harder to tell Mom I'm back on my diet as she's really against dieting and the last time my weight came off, she freaked out and told me how ugly I looked as I looked like I didn't belong to the family any more. Get what I mean? So this time around I'll have to make it less obvious to her on anyone of them for the matter. I'll take all the food she buys and feed them to the stray dogs and cats instead. Without her knowing, of course. Mom has a knack of stocking on all my favourite food whenever she knows I'm on a diet and that always seemed to ruin my diet.

My diet menu:

Breakfast:
1 litre of ice cold water
Coffee with skimmed milk and no sugar
1 wholemeal cracker with tuna

Lunch:
1 litre of ice cold water
Salad with 1 tsp. olive oil and balsamic vinegar
or grilled chicken breast with salad

Snack:
1 litre of ice cold water
plain low-fat yoghurt with 1 tsp. honey

Dinner:
1 litre of ice cold water
1 small bowl of clear vegetable/tomato soup

*work out= brisk-walking for an hour every day or until I'm drenched in sweat
The treadmill is once again my bestfriend for one hour every day!

This is a low calorie diet which is high in lean protein and low in fat and carbohydrates. I went on this diet last year and lost 10 kg in a month! If I really have to eat out, then I'll opt for a more diet-friendly fare like wet popiah, chapati, salad (NOT the ones soaked in dressing! eeeewww), grilled lean meat and (use a paper napkin to blot away all the oil) or clear soups. Here we go again, Lina! You can do it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dia diet pulak dahhhh.... Bila I pulak nak start ni???
I think I should try lah... I am not even eating that much to begin with...
Tapi nak exercise tu beeeraaaaaaaaat rasa hahahahaha

4:14 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

hmmm... hehehe.. ntah la, Kak Mar.. it could be the thyroid thing making me gain so much weight. makan pon tak banyak gak..cuba Kak mar gi check.. kekadang kita tak bayak makan but cannot lose weight sbb our thyroid gland is not functioning properly causing a low metabolic rate sbb tu kita makan apar sume dia simpan je... in my case it's like that la..

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home