Sunday, April 09, 2006

weekend happenings

woh... been a busy weekend for moi! Was out the whole day from morn till night on Saturday and Sunday. Woke up pretty early on Saturday as I had an extra class with my students at college. Only two turned up. bah!. Called Manika and gang and they told me they were sleeping! Had a short meeting with my boss and ended the class at 12:30. After class, my students and I marched up to the Mongolian girls' apartment and banged on their door as we were supposed to go to the museum together. Waited for them to shower and get ready and it was nearly 2 p.m. when we left for town. As they said they were hungry and wanted to eat at somewhere comfy and cheap with good food, the first thing that came to mind was the food court at Gurney. Well, the food there isn't exactly what we'll call cheap under normal circumstances but I guess for them, it's ok. They are crazy about the claypot chicken rice at the Makan-makan foodcourt at Gurney Plaza.
By the time the finished eating, it was already 4 p.m. and I didn't think we could make it to the museum as I knew for sure it was closed by then. So, we did a bit of window shopping and people-watching before we called it a day. In the meantime, I had forgotten to bring my mobile with me and when I got back home, I had like 33 missed calls and 93 messages! (NO KIDDING!)
telling me the whole world was looking for me! LOL and after logging on to MSN I was told the same thing by my USM coursemate, Dolly. She told me that my two other buddies, Kok Hin and Chek Lee were in town (they are both from Ipoh and JB respectively) and had called me for like more than a zillionth times but I did not pick up. OOOhhh, sorry! :P
Anyways, I called Kok Hin at afterwards and by that time, it was almost 10 p.m. and got a brief lecture from him about it being so difficult to contact me. hehehe... Ok, I promise! No more leaving my mobile at home!!!! :P
So then, Kok and and the rest of my buddies came to my place and off we scooted to E-gate to do some catching-ups over at some Hong-Kong version of Tarsucks! Didn't even bother to look at the name of that place as it's really not worth going. we only sat down there as Tarsucks was packed with too many wannabes already. Furthermore, that place was practically deserted we reckoned it was a suitable place to chat and catch up on things without any distraction.
Sunday today was spent with the gang at Prangin Mall shopping for nothing and staisfying all their cravings for the food unavailable at their place. Took them to this Taiwanese restaurant called 600cc, Swatow Lane and also Padang. hehehe.. had the usual stuff Penang is notoriously famous for like ice-kachang, Char Koay Teow, Loh-bak, pasembur etc, etc.. lol
After several rounds of Leng Lui Thorng Sui over dinner of the usual hawker fare, we headed t0 20 Leith Street to unwind over some more drinks and pool! hehehe... I really fancy this place as it's got a certain charm about it with its intricate pre-war architecture and also the paraphernalia of yesteryears. The one that caught my attention most was an old grammarphone followed by an antique typewriter. Old pictures and posters of the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley are hung casually on the walls. This place is a must-see if you love oldies and antiques.Plus, this place also has its very own mascot, Freddie the dog which actually belongs to Peter Lim, the owner of this place. I used to frequent this place last year before I started working. hehehe...
Been a busy but fun-filled weekend for me. The only thing or rather person missing was my best buddy, Dolly. With her around, it would have been a better blast! hehehe... Wish you were here, mate!


the gang and Freddie the dog @ 20 Leith Street.


the gang hanging out at the outdoor section of 20 Leith Street.


me and KH @ 600 cc














my students trying their hands at fusbal (Foosball?)















me and gang @ E-gate 'lepaking' the night away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home