Monday, May 22, 2006

My Mom's Fish 'n' Chips (peas?)

Yes! I'm showing off!! Tadaaaaa!! Why show off? Well, it's because the probability of seeing a shooting star is higher than the probability of tasting my mom's cooking. She's so damn malas to cook! I really owe it to my brother's homecoming for the hols as my mom is cooking more often now. See the below pic.. she saw this Kylie Kwong show on t.v. and she was making this dish of fish and chips and that spurred her to make the same thing. And so I was sent on a Tesco trip to get the dory fish.
It's the best fish and chips (or rather fish and peas) I've ever eaten! Very very crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I could actually hear the "krruup! krrupp!" sound when I bit into the fish! Since my brother and I are on the high protein diet where fries and chips are a big no-no, we replaced them with peas (piss!) instead. LOL. But it was yummy all the same..


Recipe
Ingredients:
3-4 dory fish fillet, seasoned with salt and pepper
oil for deep frying

batter
:
1 1/2 cup flour
half a tin of beer (YES! beer!!!)
10-15 ice cubes
(just stir lightly, leaving the lumps as they will make the fish crispier)

method:
just dip the fish in the batter and off it goes into the very hot oil! fry till golden brown.. and voila!!
*serve with a dollop of tartar sauce

5 Comments:

Blogger ontahsapo said...

wow!!! tak jemput ker...?

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice nice...will try it out! Always wonder what to do with that dory when its on sale.

12:16 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

ontahsapo: hehehe. jemput! jemput!

mythoughts: hehehe.. it's finger lickin' good!

2:05 PM  
Blogger muteaudio said...

root beer tak boleh?

8:26 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

muteaudio: hmmm.. tunggu sy eksperimen dulu.. hehehe

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home