Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Good laksa and bubur kacang

The other day, my friend and I were driving around town contemplating what to have for tea. Well, at that time, I wasn't really into the high protein diet yet though I was still watching it. hehehe.. Neway, we ended up at one of our favourite spots for afternoon tea, behind Gama supermarket. That place is famous for its 'bubur kacang' (mungbean broth) and yummy laksa. So there I was debating with myself whether 'bubur kacang' was diet-friendly or otherwise. LOL. This place has been around since I was a school-going kid as I have fond memories of stopping by there with mom to eat after she came to fetch me up from school. A bowl of 'bubur' (a choice of bubur gandum, bubur kacang hijau and bubur pulut hitam) costs 80 sen while the laksa is RM2, i think. I did take some photos of all the buburs, but they didn't turn out nicely as I wasn't in the mood to snap. I was only in the mood to snap up my bubur la!


Mamak doing his stuff

Laksa

6 Comments:

Blogger ontahsapo said...

sol... i'm going back to Sp this saturday! nak ajak i makan kat mana ni?

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The laksa looks very nice...people been telling me about this spot behind Gama. But never got a chance to stop by yet, so crowded...but I guess that's why it should be nice..hehehe....will try it out..perhaps, if I have any good makan spots, will tell you too! Oh btw, please don't be high protein diet for too long, not that good...dear.

12:21 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

ontahsapo: SP? jauh tu... hehehe. Mai la Penang.

anonymous: Thanks, dear. the protein diet is the best diet on earth! hehehe

2:07 PM  
Blogger muteaudio said...

Laksa Janggus in Balik Pulau oso boleh tahan. Or should I say 'tak tahan'.

8:29 PM  
Blogger soleilina said...

muteaudio: a'ah.. ramai yang rekomen.. tapi everytime nak gi, ada2 je yang jadi or rather tak menjadi :(

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home