Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I'm REALLY lucky to have chinese blood flowing in ma veins

Every certain time of each year, my Mom will bring these little parcels home for the whole family to enjoy (She has a long time friend who makes them religiously each year since I could remember). I don't know what they signify (hmm.. I can't be THAT ignorant, can I? hehehe) but the most important thing is, they're really delicious with a capital D! hehehe.. D is for 'dumpling' and that's what they're called in English. In Chinese (Hokkien) , they're called 'chang'.
It's like a parcel of surprise as the lotus leaf that's used to wrap the glutinuous rice promises fillings such as lotus seed, candle nuts, meat (sometimes chicken, sometimes pork...think really oily, fatty meat), black-eyed peas, salted egg yolk and what have you. Sometimes, there are ones with the peanut filling (the white coloured grain one) which is my favourite! yummyyyyy!!!




See? I'm so blessed to be partially Chinese as we get to eat everything every festivity has to offer.. and there are many!

4 Comments:

Blogger ontahsapo said...

esok pagi i turun SP, kalau free dtg la, ada wedding my cousin, so kalau nak dtg call me....kita makan nasi kenduri kahwin lak....

11:01 AM  
Blogger soleilina said...

hahaha.. aiyooo.. segan la.. :P SP tu kat Kedah, I'm in Penang.. hihihi

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyoh... make me super hungry now. Now, where am I going to get some supper...

12:35 AM  
Blogger soleilina said...

neo: hahaha... come to my house lerr.. i have chocolate cake! yummyyyyyyy

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home